Questa release introduce 74 correzioni rispetto a FP4 ed aggiorna la versione di Java alla 1.6 SR14 per chiudere potenziali buchi di sicurezza ( upgrade già previsto anche per Domino 9.0 con la futura 9.0.1).
Quello che voglio comunicare oggi è il comportamento che i partner ed i clienti dovrebbero seguire riguardo ai FixPack: SI DEVONO INSTALLARE !!
Questa oltre che essere la mia opinione è anche l'opinione di IBM che si puo' vedere andando a leggere le release note:
While Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available.
Clienti, colleghi , aggiornate i vostri server Domino !
NB: Se aggiornate un server Domino 8.53 alla FP5 dove gira Traveler, dovete aggiornare anche lui alla 8.5.2IF4 per renderlo pienamente compatibile con la nuova versione di Java.
In sequito la top fix list della FP5:
- + SPR# SHEZ97GH6E(LO75199) Installs missing Windows runtime library that could prevent other applications from launching such as IBM Access Manager 7.1, IBM i Access, Citrix ICA Client, & Symantec Endpoint after installing Client 8.5.3 FP4. This was a regression introduced in 8.5.3 FP4. (technote 1637068)
- SPR# PANN99NFP3 - Updated Time Zone information in ICU4J based on tzdata2013d including Jerusalem and Casablanca as shown here:http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/dst/olson_table.html Please ensure your operating system is patched with latest timezone information to align with these changes.
- SPR# MCMA8ZVNRV(LO72562) Fixes Notes Client Crashes On Startup After Upgrading To Adobe Pdf Maker 10.1.4.38 (technote 1616935)
- SPR# SJCN8GXGKW(LO70212) Fixes issue were when sending a mail may the Notes client may crash under some addressing conditions
- SPR# SFBI8KBHB6(LO62736) Fixed an intermittent Notes client crash when updating with a calendar notification. (technote 1608886)
- SPR# SODY8RSJH9(LO67544) Fixed an issue that the hover icon would not appear when the mouse hovered over a live text annotation on a secondary display
- SPR# PANN8HDJVB(LO65662) Fixed an intermittent Notes Client hang issue after getting java script errors.
- SPR# MWID8RGK6C(LO67305) - Fixed an intermittent Notes client crash when opening certain messages. (technote 1607488)
- SPR# RGAU8KCHMZ(LO62692) This fix prevents Domino Administrator from crashing when checking database properties on a remote server connected via slow WAN connection.
- SPR# JSSI88X82D(LO54534) Fixes error message "0x1B1 - version mismatch between executable and preexisting shared memory versions" when launching Domino server.
- SPR# VPRS8TWTSE(LO69140) Prevent a Server crash associated with passing an invalid database list to NSFGetDBChanges.(technote 1596387)
- SPR# KJKJ9468AY(LO74041) Fixed a Windows Domino 64-bit Server Lotusscript OLE crash. Domino in this environment was not handling the size of parameters being passed in.
- SPR# JPMS92FR9L(LO72807) Prevent Server POP3 crash due to high handle usage in BLK_NSF_MIME_BUFFER (technote 1631743)
- SPR# JCOL8LBJEF(LO63526) Fixes Domino Server Crash On SMTP during Tnef Conversion
- SPR# GRCE8JWMVR(LO68318) Fixes issue where Mailfile Preferences become corrupt when the rich text signature grows larger than ~32k.(technote 1644253)
- +SPR# RDJS94GTVD(LO73748) - Fixes Domino crash on 64 bit platforms, caused by having a LotusScript agent that makes C API calls to Operating System APIs iteratively, such as in a loop. This was a regression introduced in 8.5.2 FP3.(technote 1624936)
- +SPR# PJON8SNW24(LO68332) Fixes a problem where parentheses "()" where being stripped out of user names when addressing a mail. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2
- +SPR# CTSI8T9S26(LO68707) Fixed problem with accepting valid Notes ID passwords containing special characters. This regression was introduced in 8.5.1.
- SPR# BBSZ8TPDSU(LO68985) Fixed problem preventing iNotes User with ID stored in Mail file from from being renamed in ID Vault.
- SPR# TMAI8N6HJC(LO65126) Fixes the error "A Problem has occurred which may have caused the current operation to fail." that occurs when pressing the Enter Key after changing mail format.
- +SPR# CTSI8WHL6X(LO70718) - Fixed a situation where upgrading a user with an existing archive would result in errors when attempting to archive a document in the newly upgraded client. This regression was introduced in 8.5.3 FP1.